I decided to partner with Abbey at The Virtual Savvy to educate my readers on how to be a virtual assistant(VA) and make money from it. The virtual Savvy Currently has over 40,000+ current and aspiring members on their private Facebook community, be sure to sign up.
WHAT IS A VIRTUAL ASSISTANT?
A Virtual Assistant is someone who has a skill to offer that is different from your everyday Money Penny (Secretary), The term virtual Assistant is a broad term that covers a full range of services.
WHO IS A FREELANCER?
A freelancer is a person who works or provides services by the hour, day, job, etc. Freelancers prefer the autonomy of working for themselves rather than working fixed hours for an employer.
HOW DO I BECOME A VIRTUAL ASSISTANT OR FREELANCER?
- Answer these questions
- What skills do you currently possess?
- Do you need to learn something new?
- How do you intend to price and package your services?
- Start small, connect with potential clients.
- Do some free or cheap work to build confidence and reputation.
- Put yourself out there, try using services like; Upwork, Fiverr, and Freelancer.
- Bid on jobs (I’d recommend bidding on 10+ jobs per day).
- Always ask for referrals and recommendations.
WHAT ARE THE SKILLS I NEED AS A FREELANCER OR VIRTUAL ASSISTANT?
You have to know that there is no wrong answer here, I have seen people offer services such as Forum and Chat Moderators, Professional TV Watcher and Fortune Cookie writer. It all depends on how well you can brand and package yourself.
Click here to ask for a list of services you can offer as a freelancer and skills you can offer as a VA. Here is a free 50-minute training on how to become a booked out VA. Don’t forget to drop your comments down below and if you have questions, use the Contact Me page